Last updated: 15 /07/2022
Choosing a bookmaker is not a simple task. The offer of online bookmakers in our country is very wide, so it is important to know all the available houses and choose the one that best suits our needs.
- Best bookmakers according to our users
- Best odds bookmakers
- Best bookmakers by offer
- Best bookmakers by live services
- Best football bookmakers
- Main advantages bookmakers
- What is a bookmaker?
- What is a bookmaker's fee?
- What bookmakers operate in New Zealand?
- Safe sports betting sites
- Which is the best sportsbook?
- How to choose the best bookmaker?
- The best bookmakers for...?
- What is a bonus from a bookmaker?
- What needs to be done to start betting?
- Can you only bet online or is there also an offline option?
- How do we analyze bookmakers at Innovate Change?
Best bookmakers according to our users
Innovate Change users are the only ones in charge of preparing this ranking. Only they decide which, in their opinion, is the best bookmaker. These are the five favorites of our users.
Best odds bookmakers
This ranking has been made after a totally objective analysis of the odds of all bookmakers. Below you can see the five bookmakers that stand out for offering the best odds.
Best bookmakers by offer
On this occasion, the variety of sports modalities have been taken into account, as well as the number of events, leagues and competitions offered by each bookmaker.
Best bookmakers by live services
For the elaboration of this ranking, aspects such as streaming, the design of the platform, the possibility of offering statistics and animation, as well as the offer of bets and live markets have been taken into account.
Best football bookmakers
Football is the king sport in New Zealand, both for sports fans and sports betting users. Therefore, bookmakers focus all their efforts on offering the best offer, best odds and markets to provide the best experience to their users.
There are some criteria to keep in mind to choose the best football betting house, such as the following:
Offer of leagues and matches
Logically, bets on the League or Champions League are available at all bookmakers, but bets on the Third Division team of your town or city are not. Therefore, one of the most important criteria for the best football bookmaker is a wide variety of leagues and matches to bet on either to give excitement to a match or to follow a tipster's forecast.
Variety of markets
The typical match winner or total goals markets are the most general, but other special markets are only found in some bookmakers. We are talking about statistical bets (possession, shots on goal or passes of a player or team), bets on cards or corners, in addition to the famous Asian handicaps. A TOP football bookmaker should offer these mentioned markets.
Although it is not the most important criterion, it is always positive to choose a bookmaker that has good odds. This means that they will be paying us more for the same bet compared to another bookmaker, which will give us more benefits both in the short and long term.
In addition to the aforementioned, operators offer products and functionalities to their users that are really useful and interesting, available all of them in the best football bookmakers. We are talking for example about Cashout (Close Bet), Live Streaming to watch live matches, a mobile App, or the Create Bet function to make your own forecasts.
Below we leave you a complete analysis page to help you choose the best football betting house, although we also offer you in summary the 3 best houses in our opinion for your football bets.
Main advantages bookmakers
We want you to be clear about which bookmaker to choose from so many offers, so we have created detailed summaries of each bookmaker. The order shown is random, we have included some new sportsbooks 2023.
- Very simple and fluid website, with a search engine that helps you quickly find the desired match.
- Excellent pre-prepared and direct betting offer, one of the best in the sector.
- Very fluid and simple mobile version.
- Bizum available for deposits.
- Excellent customer service.
- Very simple and attractive design
- Excellent catalog of events
- Superb customer service
- Very simple and useful mobile version
- 100% New Zealand bookmaker
- Regular promotions for registered users.
- Very good offer of events thanks to its betting provider Kambi software, both in preparation and especially live.
- It is one of the new bookmakers in New Zealand.
- Good odds.
- The best mobile casino: Own app and recognized as one of the best in the sector.
- Very useful search engine to quickly find the matches.
- Mobile version of dpeortivas bets very simple, fluid and with a search engine as well.
- This is a house with no complaints from Innovate Change users.
- Excellent pre-prepared betting offer.
- Very simple and fluid website.
- Wide variety of markets to bet on.
- It has the Create Bet function.
- It is a bookmaker that collaborates in the resolution of complaints, although it has not received any complaints from Innovate Change users.
- The best odds of the entire bookmaker sector.
- Numerous deposit and withdrawal options.
- One of the best offers of matches and markets in the entire sector. Very wide offer of matches, sports, and markets, both in preparation and live.
- Very simple and fluid website.
- Streaming TV service for some live matches.
- One of the most experienced bookmakers in the sector, with good customer service.
- Live animation for live betting, with statistics and few market closings.
- Collaborates with Innovate Change in the resolution of user complaints.
- Excellent mobile app.
- Numerous promotions to reward the loyalty of its users.
- Very complete customer service (free phone, chat, email...).
- Numerous means of payment available.
- Thousands of betting shops all over New Zealand to bet, withdraw and deposit money.
- Streaming to watch live matches (Wheelz TV).
- Special and improved bets usually.
- Excellent customer service.
- Wide offer of pre-prepared bets.
- It offers Cashout, Combo Markets and Quick Bet.
- It has Esports.
- Collaborates with Innovate Change in the resolution of complaints.
- Own sportbook.
- Mobile app available.
- Very popular bookmaker in New Zealand
- Excellent customer service
- Numerous events and markets offered
- Excellent live betting service
- Various payment methods offered
- Regular promotions for registered users
- International bookmaker with worldwide reputation
- Good odds
- Great live betting offer
- Collaborates with Innovate Change in the resolution of user complaints
- It has physical locations throughout New Zealand to make income and withdrawals.
- Good customer service.
- It has no minimum limit for deposits/withdrawals.
- It has Streaming and Mobile App
- Collaborates with Innovate Change in the resolution of user complaints.
- It has numerous physical betting shops throughout New Zealand.
- Excellent customer service
- Offers streaming service
- Create Bet and partial cashout feature available
What is a bookmaker?
The houses of sports betting they are companies that offer money in exchange for odds. That is, they are companies that earn money through the participation of users based on the results of sporting events in most cases (bets on other types of events such as the Oscar gala, politics, etc. are also accepted).
They evaluate the possibilities of each result and offer quotas that always maintain a profit margin for the house itself (commission ). In this way, some users will win and others will lose, but the houses always keep a percentage of the bet amount, that is, they always earn their commission.
The origin of bookmakers
Sports betting has become a multi-million dollar business, but thousands of years ago it was already practiced in Greece and Rome, where it turned from a simple hobby into a real business. Later in the Middle Ages, attempts were made to censor them, but in practice, it continued clandestinely.
They became very popular in England, a country that is credited with the origin of Moderna betting and consequently sports forecasts. From there, the English settlers took them to the United States, where they expanded rapidly although they were later banned and in recent years they are growing again. In New Zealand, there was always a culture of betting through the forecasts Quiniela .
However, the definitive leap and the boom came from the hand of the digital era, in which the internet served as a springboard for this commercial space. People could bet from home comfortably and without having to go to a physical establishment, something very important had changed, the era of online bookmakers had arrived.
As a result, the competition within online sportsbooks has been growing exponentially and there are many bookies competing in this market through their websites, making different promotions and loyalty offers for their users: from contests to superquotes, through free bets or freebets.
The best example of the growth of the sector is the appearance year after year of new bookmakers in New Zealand, until reaching the more than 40 that we currently have operating in our country. We, as one of the most important online betting sites in the country, are always on the lookout for new online bookmakers to analyze them as soon as possible.
What is a bookmaker's fee?
The odds indicate, in numerical form, the value of the bet and the winnings.
For example, we bet on the victory of Real Madrid at odds of 1.50. That fee means that for every dollar wagered, the profit will be 1.50 NZD. To calculate the profit, you would have to multiply the amount bet by the quota. If the bet is ten NZD, the profit will be 15 (10 x 1.50).
Most popular types of bets
In sports betting we find several types of sports betting. The two large groups are as follows:
- Simple bets: These are single bets placed on a single event. These are selections where only one bet is made.
- Combined bets: It is the combination of two or more selections in a single bet. For example, the bet on the victory of Real Madrid and FC Barcelona. The winnings from the bet increases considerably, as the odds of the selected events are multiplied.
- Other types of bets : There are also live bets (live), or pre-match bets (before the match starts), where the most popular ones stand out: bets on the winner of the home match (1), visitor (2) or tie (X).
What bookmakers operate in New Zealand?
As we have said, the competition is fierce and there are many bookies. New licensed bookmakers appear in New Zealand every year . However, some are better than others regarding the different features that they must meet, such as the promotions they offer to their users, live betting, the odds they offer, customer service, etc.
At Innovate Change we analyze different houses from all these aspects and we act as a bookmaker comparator, so you can form your own opinion. Here you can check which are the best bookmakers , the most famous or popular.
What is a gaming license? How is it obtained?
The regulatory body for gambling in New Zealand is the Directorate General for the Regulation of Gambling (DGOJ), created in 2011 and under the Ministry of Consumer Affairs.
Since the year of creation and with the incorporation of the gambling law (Law 13/2011, of May 27, on gambling regulation), all bookmakers operating in New Zealand must meet technical and security requirements to obtain the corresponding gambling licenses.
There are different unique licenses depending on the type of game (Betting, Blackjack, Horse Betting, Roulette...)., in addition to the general licenses. Each gaming license has a duration of 10 years, extendable as long as the requirements are met.
There are various requirements that must be met in order to obtain a gambling and betting license:
- Legal framework : registered office in the Dollarpeo Economic Area, Joint-stock Company for the purpose of game exploitation, Registration in the Mercantile Registry, minimum capital of $100,000....
- Economical - Annual accounts filed with the Mercantile Registry, statements on the overall turnover, etc.
- Technical : Indicate the structure of the technical staff and professional experience of those responsible, description of facilities or technical units used, delaration about the workforce..
Safe sports betting sites
Are you new to online betting and afraid to deposit money or play online? You have nothing to worry about. New Zealand is a country with a very strict regulation of online gambling, under the supervision of the Directorate General for Gambling Regulation (DGOJ), an agency that depends on the Ministry of Consumer Affairs and guarantees the safety and legality of all online gambling operators.
Therefore, all secure sportsbooks that are licensed in New Zealand are fully regulated and controlled by the state, which guarantees that they are safe and users are protected. Now, how can you identify that an operator has a license from the DGOJ? Very easy.
The first thing is to have a .es domain. Legal (licensed) bookmakers operate with .es domains in full, while illegal bookmakers use .com or domains from other countries.
To identify a legal and licensed operator you will also have to go to the website and check its footer. There you will see two things that are common in all safe online bookmakers: a small text with information about their license in New Zealand, as well as logos and links to the official Government and DGOJ websites such as Jugarbien.es , Juegoseguro.es and the RGIAJ (General Registration and Interdictions of Access to the Game).
Finally and simplest to identify safe and legal bookmakers in New Zealand: e char a look at Innovate Change. On our website you will only find online bookmakers that have the corresponding gambling licenses of the DGOJ, with all the information you need to know about each of them: name and address of the company, contact details, license numbers, etc.
Which is the best sportsbook?
Competition is high and there are many new licensed New Zealand sportsbooks. However, we can analyze such houses and conclude which bookmaker is better or worse, based on the needs of each particular user .
Trying to confirm which is the best online bookmaker is complex, although there are factors that can tip the balance to one side or the other in a comparison of bookmakers: their promotions, their App, betting offer of a specific sport, live betting offer, bookmakers to bet on tennis , offer of big events such as forecasts for the Dollarcopa etc.
All this is analyzed in detail at Innovate Change, together with the opinion and experiences of other users (both positive and negative) in order to determine which is the best betting page. Here is an analysis of how our rankings work.
- Most popular bookmakers - Here we automatically sort the bookmakers by popularity among users. Each Innovate Change user can choose which bookmakers they usually play at or use, and based on that this ranking of the best bookmakers will be made.
- Bookmakers with the best odds: This analysis is completely mathematical and automatic. We introduce in the analysis of each bookmaker its odds to the main dollar leagues, in addition to minor leagues, 1X2 markets and over/under 2.5 goals. Based on these odds, our system determines the payout (profit margin) and automatically sorts the bookmakers, from the best odds to the worst.
- Bookmakers with the best betting offer - The analysis of this section is based solely on the offer of events, matches, markets, leagues and sports of each pre-owned bookmaker.
- Bookmakers with the best live betting service : In this section we analyze, in addition to the variety of markets and sports offered, other important services in live betting such as Streaming, match animation, and LIVE section.
- Best bookmakers with Esports : eSports are becoming more and more popular in New Zealand. For this reason, we have made a ranking of New Zealand bookmakers specialized in electronic sports: variety of games offered, competitions, and markets. From the best houses to those that do not offer eSports.
- Bookmakers with promotions : On this page you can find a brief summary of all the promotions for registered users that are available at the New Zealand bookmakers. Each offer is detailed with its terms and conditions in the description of each bookmaker.
- Bookmakers with Mobile app : Not all bookmakers have their own app. Others only have it for Android. Others, only for iOS. Here you can find a list of the best bookmakers that offer mobile version, App for iOS or Android.
- Licensed bookmakers : Don't know which bookmakers are licensed in New Zealand? Here we have collected them all, also indicating the sports betting license number to offer you total security.
Comparing bookies is a process that could take forever, since each one has its pros and cons. That is why it is essential to be clear before starting to bet what we want, and what is the most important thing about a bookmaker for us.
Innovate Change is considered one of the best sports betting sites because it facilitates the work, but it must be the user who makes the final decision to choose the best or best online bookmakers.
How to choose the best bookmaker?
The first step will be to decide what interests us most about a bookmaker. Below, we leave you the most important aspects:
- Best odds
- Best betting offer
- Variety of markets
- Sports offer
- Customer service
- Mobile app
- eSports offer
- Live betting service
- User complaints
- Variety of payment methods
Once we have decided which aspects we consider most important, it's time to look for the right bookmaker. All this aforementioned information we have detailed in each bookmaker in our rankings, so the task will be much easier.
The best bookmakers for...?
Find out which are the best bookmakers for each theme, sport or concern we may have. At Innovate Change we have made it easy for you with a compilation of the best bookmakers:
What is a bonus from a bookmaker?
A bonus is a bonus, usually in the form of real money, to increase the loyalty of users who play at a bookmaker.
Different bookmakers use promotions or bonuses to retain their already registered customers. There are different types of bonus; such as deposit bonuses, which usually consist of doubling the amount entered with conditions to be able to withdraw the money.
In New Zealand we can find several types of bonuses from different bookmakers.
- Deposit bonus (50%, 100% or 200% deposit): The most common is a 100% deposit. That is, the bookmaker doubles your deposit. A bonus of one % of the amount entered. If for example the bonus is a 100% deposit, by entering $ 50 the bookmaker will give us another $50. If the bonus was 50%, the bookmaker would give us $25 bonus for a deposit of $50.
- Freebets deposit bonus (Cashback) : In this case it would be a bonus similar to the previous one, but the bonus would not be in the form of a bonus or balance, but of a Freebet or free bet.
What is a Freebet?
- Risk-free bet : In this type of bonus the bookmaker offers the user the possibility to place his bet without risk, with a limit (hsta 50, 100, or 150$ for example). This means that in case of failure of the bet placed, the bookmaker will return the amount wagered in the form of a Free Bet or Freebet.
No deposit bonus
- Some bookmakers offer a no deposit bonus. Once the bonus is released, the winnings can be withdrawn from it.
What needs to be done to start betting?
The first thing is choosing a good sportsbook according to the preferences of each user. On our website you can see the reviews of all the legal licensed sportsbooks in New Zealand.
In this analysis you will be able to check if a house has the cash in / cash out option, what type of market it offers, which ones have the best odds or promotions, which ones best cover the main sporting events such as the 2023 World Cup, famous UFC fights, etc.
Later you will have to formalize a registration of a user account . This will require some data that you can provide online, which are totally confidential and secure. Once registered you can start betting.
To get started you will have to perform a login to your account . This income or deposit of money can be made by several commonly established methods. In general, all the houses accept payments with Paypal, Skrill (or similar) or bank transfers, although to confirm this you can check it in the corresponding section of each bookie on Innovate Change.
What are the most popular means of payment?
Bookmakers offer numerous means of payment available for making transactions. All of them are totally safe and have strict security measures, in addition to technical approvals so that users can deposit and withdraw money safely.
The most used means of payment by bookmakers are debit or credit cards (VISA, Mastercard), PayPal, Bank Transfer, Skrill or Neteller. But not all of them are available for deposits and withdrawals, besides some are processed faster when depositing money.
|Means of payment||Available for deposits||Available for withdrawals||Term|
|Bank transfer||If||If||1-10 days|
Can you only bet online or is there also an offline option?
Some of the most famous bookies such as Wheelz, ChristChurch, Rizk, or Gaming Club they have in-person establishments where you can place your sports bets, collect bets and even follow live events.
However, technology is something that is constantly advancing and today we can already enjoy bookies with its own app or mobile version. The mobile application facilitates the fact of betting wherever and whenever we want, something unusual so far. In our analysis we also offer you the information of which sportsbooks have an app for tablets and smartphones.
In short, sports betting is a practice that has been among us for thousands of years, which over time have been modernized and have established themselves as a big business. Nowadays you can find many types of bets and a diverse market to bet on, in addition to being able to choose from a wide variety of portals where to bet based on different characteristics or preferences and make a comparison.
How do we analyze bookmakers at Innovate Change?
From Innovate Change, we have tried to collect all those data that we think relevant to facilitate your choice and we provide you with a detailed analysis of the best houses in New Zealand. We seek to offer users all the necessary help to determine which are the most reliable houses, as well as offer a complete list of sports betting, among other things.
We also have contests, promotions, sports betting forecasts and a betting school, which make every day more users who are part of the community that considers Innovate Change as one of the best pages to bet.
Frequently asked questions about bookmakers / FAQ
Choosing the best bookmaker is not simple. There are many in New Zealand and each house has its pros and cons (thoroughly analyzed on Innovate Change).
Therefore, before choosing the best bookmaker, we must be clear about what we want or what is most important to us: A good pre-match betting section, a live with streaming, mobile app or a fluid and simple mobile version, the best odds...
Once we are clear about what we want, we will only have to take a look at the analyzes and Innovate Change rankings , try, read reviews, and choose the house that best suits our needs.
Bookmakers have big differences from each other. It is true that some houses in New Zealand share the software used to offer sports betting, and therefore they will have similar markets and sports.
However, the options are endless, due to the high number of bookies in New Zealand. They can be differentiated in the design, type of markets offered, quotas, the best bonuses , mobile version, customer service, services offered...
In New Zealand, the number of licensed bookies is increasing every year. We currently have more than 30.
It is not usual to see a bookmaker "close” or lose its license, although there have been some cases since the creation of the gambling law in 2011. Nevertheless, at least 2-3 new houses appear every year, which make the list of options available to the user larger and more advantageous.
However, there are numerous unlicensed bookmakers in New Zealand. Throughout the world wide web, there are thousands of houses operating on the international market, some of them open to New Zealand users. These types of houses are not safe as they are not regulated by the New Zealand regulations.
Opening a gaming account and starting betting is a very simple process. It only takes 5 minutes to create the game account, deposit, and the availability of the money in the game account to be able to start betting.
The process to register is the same for all the houses: enter personal data, choose username and password, verify the email, choose deposit method, enter money, and we can start betting.
Licensed bookmakers in New Zealand are 100% safe. Getting a gaming license in our country is not easy at all: you have to apply for it and it must be granted by the General Directorate of Gaming Regulation (DGOJ).
To do this, the bookmaker must comply with very strict legal and security guidelines, which guarantee its correct operation and the security of the user in all aspects: transactions, personal data, adaptation of the gaming contract to current New Zealand regulations, safe and responsible gambling, etc.